After years of farming and horse trading, Leslie and Mary Loper were credited with opening the first swap shop in the area around 1948. It prospered for many years supporting our family and helping people in many ways. After Les passed away Mary continued to enjoy running the swap shop with the help of her daughter Maryann.
Over time the popularity of yard sales was growing and the business was changing so the decision was made to move on. With the swap shop now just a fond memory, Maryann’s husband, George began to build and sell lobster pots to the fishing community. In just a few years the business took off and the public started knocking on the door wanting to buy lobsters and other seafood. So naturally George and Maryann decided to embark on a new chapter and open a Seafood Market.